Let’s talk about dice. Less about the mechanical use of them in Coyote & Crow and more about the physical objects. Specifically, I want to talk about accessibility, availability, prices, and our company goals. This is a bit of a deep dive so content warning for deep level nerdery.(more…) Coyote And Crow News || Tags: coyote, coyote & crow, coyote and crow, crow, d12, dice, indian, indigenous, indigenous futurism, indigipunk, native american
Our Kickstarter video is now live on YouTube. You can check it here:
Hope it gets you as excited as it has us!Coyote And Crow News || Tags: connor alexander, games, gaming, indigenous, indigenous futurism, kickstarter, native, native american, roleplaying game, rpg, tabletop, ttrpg
So much exciting news. Let’s jump right in to the updates!(more…) Coyote And Crow News || Tags: connor alexander, coyote and crow, indian, indigenous, indigenous futurism, native, native american, NDN, role playing, rpg, tabletop, ttrpg
Apologies for the lack of updates lately, but I’m happy to report that it’s been because we’ve been really busy on our end. Let’s jump into all of the good news!
- After some chats with various folks including team members, industry colleagues and a very unscientific Twitter poll, we’re going to stop trying to squeeze our Kickstarter in before the end of the year. Instead we’ll likely be looking at the early part of the first half of 2021. It will be here before we know it!
- We’ve got a great new graphic designer on board and I’m really anxious to be able to show you all some of the things he’s working on.
- Our cover art will hopefully be completed shortly!
- We’re currently working on another round of edits and development after we did a blind test of a group of our alpha testers taking the materials and making a character on their own. We learned a lot from that!
- The materials continue to get both more refined and voluminous. We’re currently estimating the book at about 250 pages!
- We got mentioned along side Rebecca Roanhorse’s new book, Dark Sun on Tor’s website! You can read the article HERE.
- We’ve made some hefty changes to help streamline some of the mechanics.
- Lastly, our GoFundMe (which is still up and available) hit it’s goal of more than $2000! Thank you all for your generosity. It will mean we get many more pieces of Indigenous art into our final product.
That’s it for now, but we’ll have more soon. Take care. Vote Trump out. Be safe. Be kind. Wado.Blog || Tags: connor alexander, coyote and crow, dark sun, first nation, indigenous, indigenous futurism, native, native american, rebecca roanhorse, rpg, ttrpg
Over the last couple of years, I’ve received a number of variations of the following question: “What about real world tribe X in Coyote and Crow? What happened to them?” I’ve decided now is a great time to tackle this question and address some important issues. Buckle up!(more…) Coyote And Crow News || Tags: connor alexander, coyote, coyote and crow, crow, first nation, game, indigenous, indigenous futurism, native american, role playing, rpg, tabletop, ttrpg
(more…) Coyote And Crow News || Tags: connor alexander, coyote, coyote and crow, crow, game, indigenous, indigenous futurism, native, role playing, rpg, ttrpg
I’ve been doing so much work on the timeline, facts and rules for Coyote and Crow that it recently came to my attention that I’ve been sort of secretive about what the world looks and feels like. So, let’s do this! (* One important note: C&C is still in development. Everything I talk about here is not final and may change between now and the final game.)
Let’s talk about dice! More specifically, about the dice and system used in CoyoteAndCrow, and how they are connected to the theme and mechanics in this Indigenous world.(more…) Coyote And Crow News || Tags: connor alexander, coyote, coyote and crow, crow, fantasy, first nation, game, indigenous, indigenous futurism, native, role playing, rpg, scifi, ttrpg