Hey folks! This is going to be an ongoing post where I’ll list currently available opportunities to work with the Coyote & Crow team and help us publish great games and content. A few things I want to cover right out of the gate that are relevant to all current and future positions:
- Native Americans/First Nations folks of all experience levels are encouraged to apply for any/all positions they feel they’re qualified for.
- Non-Natives are welcome to apply for any positions that aren’t called out as Native only positions.
- We pay at least competitive rates for the hobby game industry and we strive to pay better than the average.
- All positions are short term contract positions (for now).
- All positions are remote/work from home.
- Please pay close attention to the application process (ignoring it will move you to the bottom of the list).
- We prefer folks working within the United States but will consider applicants outside of the US.
Hey folks, this post will be an ongoing list of places where Coyote and Crow is mentioned in some form other in media. From just a nod, to an interview, review, podcast, whatever. Basically, any place you can learn more about our game and our team outside of Coyote and Crow’s own channels. We’ll work to update this continuously as more media comes in!
If you are a writer/reviewer/media outlet and would like to do something with Coyote and Crow, please contact us through this site.(more…) Coyote And Crow News || Tags: coyote, coyote & crow, coyote and crow, crow, first nations, game, indian, indigenous, native, native american, role playing, roleplaying, rpg, tabletop, ttrpg
So much exciting news. Let’s jump right in to the updates!(more…) Coyote And Crow News || Tags: connor alexander, coyote and crow, indian, indigenous, indigenous futurism, native, native american, NDN, role playing, rpg, tabletop, ttrpg
So much happening that it’s hard to keep up. But before we get to the happy stuff, I have a confession to make because I’m trying to be as transparent with our creation process as possible.
I’m scared shitless, my friends.(more…) Coyote And Crow News || Tags: connor alexander, coyote and crow, first nation, game, indian, indigenous, native, role playing, rpg, ttrpg
Apologies for the lack of updates lately, but I’m happy to report that it’s been because we’ve been really busy on our end. Let’s jump into all of the good news!
- After some chats with various folks including team members, industry colleagues and a very unscientific Twitter poll, we’re going to stop trying to squeeze our Kickstarter in before the end of the year. Instead we’ll likely be looking at the early part of the first half of 2021. It will be here before we know it!
- We’ve got a great new graphic designer on board and I’m really anxious to be able to show you all some of the things he’s working on.
- Our cover art will hopefully be completed shortly!
- We’re currently working on another round of edits and development after we did a blind test of a group of our alpha testers taking the materials and making a character on their own. We learned a lot from that!
- The materials continue to get both more refined and voluminous. We’re currently estimating the book at about 250 pages!
- We got mentioned along side Rebecca Roanhorse’s new book, Dark Sun on Tor’s website! You can read the article HERE.
- We’ve made some hefty changes to help streamline some of the mechanics.
- Lastly, our GoFundMe (which is still up and available) hit it’s goal of more than $2000! Thank you all for your generosity. It will mean we get many more pieces of Indigenous art into our final product.
That’s it for now, but we’ll have more soon. Take care. Vote Trump out. Be safe. Be kind. Wado.Blog || Tags: connor alexander, coyote and crow, dark sun, first nation, indigenous, indigenous futurism, native, native american, rebecca roanhorse, rpg, ttrpg
Things are moving along! I’m currently communicating with someone who has the potential to be our new Lead Artist and help keep us on the timeline that will get our Kickstarter launched before the end of the year!
In the meantime, here’s what else we’ve been up to!(more…) Coyote And Crow News || Tags: connor alexander, coyote, coyote and crow, crow, first nation, game, gaming, gofundme, indigenous, native american, role playing, rpg, ttrpg
Coyote and Crow needs an art partner and we are hiring! Are you an artist who is looking for work and is interested in more than one off contract jobs? Read on! (And please feel free to share this post far and wide)(more…) Coyote And Crow News || Tags: artist, connor alexander, coyote, coyote and crow, crow, first nation, hiring, indigenous, rpg, ttrpg
Over the last couple of years, I’ve received a number of variations of the following question: “What about real world tribe X in Coyote and Crow? What happened to them?” I’ve decided now is a great time to tackle this question and address some important issues. Buckle up!(more…) Coyote And Crow News || Tags: connor alexander, coyote, coyote and crow, crow, first nation, game, indigenous, indigenous futurism, native american, role playing, rpg, tabletop, ttrpg
(more…) Coyote And Crow News || Tags: connor alexander, coyote, coyote and crow, crow, game, indigenous, indigenous futurism, native, role playing, rpg, ttrpg
I’ve been doing so much work on the timeline, facts and rules for Coyote and Crow that it recently came to my attention that I’ve been sort of secretive about what the world looks and feels like. So, let’s do this! (* One important note: C&C is still in development. Everything I talk about here is not final and may change between now and the final game.)
Osiyo! As I write this, my mind is really not very focused on Coyote and Crow development. It’s on my fellow Natives and my Black brothers and sisters who are out fighting for their very survival. I’m doing my best to keep momentum going though, as I feel like we need hopeful, positive portrayals of people of color in games, now more than ever. But it ain’t easy.
Here’s where we’re at:(more…) Coyote And Crow News || Tags: connor alexander, coyote, coyote and crow, crow, fantasy, first nation, game, gaming, hope punk, indigenous, native american, role playing, rpg, scifi, solar punk, tabletop, ttrpg