Magic

A place to discuss the finer points of the mechanics and rules for the Coyote & Crow RPG.
Soutti

Magic

Post by Soutti »

How much actual magical casting will be available to the players? It is not clear to me and what I have seen in her that there is actually a lot of magic at all.
smilinirish

Re: Magic

Post by smilinirish »

There has been no indication there will be "spells". There is no casting skill (we have the official character sheet). Every PC will choose an ability based on the two stats associated with their path. Some of those effects certainly seem magical. Near invisibility, the ability to make mental attacks, adapting your physiology, remote sensing, astral travel. Probably be more accurate to characterize it as mystical rather than magical. The game is described as science fantasy. Somewhere along the way they have stated that the game was designed so that you can have as much or as little of either that you like. Don't want fantasy, describe all the supernatural abilities as alien tech. Don't want so much sci fi? Have the abilities be more mystical and strip away some of the tech.

I'm not affiliated with C&C at all, just giving you my observations.
Soutti

Re: Magic

Post by Soutti »

Thank you. That helps a lot.