Dice mechanics

A place to discuss the finer points of the mechanics and rules for the Coyote & Crow RPG.
smilinirish

Dice mechanics

Post by smilinirish »

Will there be a preview of the dice mechanics for the game? You've told us that it is a D12 dice pool system.

Is it a static DC for success (9-12?) counting numbers of successes? Do bonuses and penalties increase/decrease the pool, or add/subtract from the numbers?

I love 9 stat system of body/mind/soul arrayed as a power/finesse/durability. The ability to portray a character with below average intellect but not have to represent them as just stupid. Some people have lower raw logic ability and rely more on intuition and lateral thinking.
Connor

Re: Dice mechanics

Post by Connor »

Hello!
Yes, we're working on a video currently for the d12 system and your guesses about how it will work are pretty spot on. We should have that video out prior to the game launching.
smilinirish

Post by smilinirish »

Great. Thanks for the reply. with stats going to 5 and skills to 6, would the following statements about dice pools be accurate:

4-5: basic competancy
6-7: skilled
8-9: professional
10-11: expert

I'm developing several characters and trying to make sure I am setting skills at appropriate levels for who they are in my mind.

Can't wait to have the full game and dig into the lore. Can't fully realize them until I see the world they fit in.
Connor

Post by Connor »

I'd lower all of those numbers by 1. More on that in the video.