Character creation process

Recommendations for improving your gameplay experience.
Malus Spinatus

Character creation process

Post by Malus Spinatus »

Hey all!

Another newbie here, super excited to kick off my first C&C game soon.

The character creation process felt a little clunky to me, even as a table-top gamer of almost 30 years. However, I think it will yield really nuanced characters. I am putting together some tools to help my players with character generation.

First, I came up with a few stat arrays that use 42 points, for those who don't want to count beans. I listed the sum of stats, for comparison. Please feel free to edit or expand upon this list, especially with 43 -50 point arrays (for use of gift/burden surplus). Number after equal sign is sum of attributes, sometimes used as an indicator of relative array strength.

5-3-3-3-2-2-2-1-1. =22
5-3-2-2-2-2-2-2-2. =22
4-4-4-2-2-2-1-1-1. =21
4-4-3-2-2-2-2-2-1. =22
4-3-3-3-3-2-2-1-1. =22
4-4-4-2-2-2-1-1-1. =21
3-3-3-3-3-2-2-2-2. =23

Second, I have an interactive spreadsheet that does most of the calculations required off minimal input, identified with bolded borders.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true

I would love to see a tool like this in the app, as a modifiable, interactive pdf or an online widget so this process can be easy for everyone. Let the players focus on the character rather than the numbers.
Bamawing

Re: Character creation process

Post by Bamawing »

God yes, PLEASE something on the app, lol... I'm dyscalculiac and character creation was a real struggle for me! I eventually got out a ton of pennies and dimes and nickels, but this is a rare instance where I'd had been happy to use technology instead.